The ministry of energy and mineral development has announced that it extended the closing date for receipt of applications for qualification has been extended by a month from 29th May to 30th June 2015.
In the announcement by permanent secretary Kabagambe-Kaliisa the extension will to allow interested applicants more time to prepare their applications.
Following the submission of application extension the planned schedule of activities has therefore been adjusted accordingly as follows
- Publication of Notice of Request for Qualification: 25th February, 2015
- Closing date for receipt of Applications for Qualification: 30th June, 2015
- Evaluation of Expressions Applications for Qualification: 1st- 30th July, 2015
- Display of Qualified Applicants: 10th August, 2015
- Issue of request for Proposal/ bidding document to qualified applicants: 20th August,2015
Other details remain unchanged.
The Uganda Minister of Energy and Mineral Development Eng. Irene Muloni says the first licensing round will allow for more exploration in the oil rich Albertine Graben of which has only less than 10 percent of the region licensed. She adds that the six blocks targeted for this maiden licensing round have good data coverage of the region.
The six blocks are; Ngassa (410 Km2) in Hoima District, Taitai & Karuka (565 Km2) in Buliisa District, Ngaji (895 Km2), Rukungiri & Kanungu Districts, Mvule (344 Km2) in Moyo and Yumbe Districts together with Turaco (425 Km2) and Kanywantaba (344 Km2) in Ntoroko District.
These blocks have both seismic and well data which were acquired by oil companies previously licensed in these areas. Stratigraphic Licensing will be applicable to some of these blocks.
Already the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development has said it will be holding promotional events for Uganda’s First Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration, 2015 in three International events;
1.The 12th Africa Independents Forum 2015; 26th to 27th May, 2015; Adelphi Suites, The Waldorf Hilton, London United Kingdom
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) Annual Convention and Exhibition, 2015; 31st May to 3rd June, 2015, International Convention Center, Denver, Colorado, USA.
3.Global Petroleum Show 2015; 9th to 11th June, 2015; Stampede Park – Big 4 Building; Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Uganda’s cabinet has approved the auction of six new exploration blocks in the oil rich Albertine basin in February this year.