China has announced it will offer twenty two students post graduate scholarships in the fields of oil and gas in the one of China’s best Oil and Gas Universities – the China University of Geosciences (Wuhan).
The scholarships will be processed in collaboration with the Embassy of China in Tanzania and will be awarded to candidates who are holders of Bachelor’s degree in Earth Sciences or Engineering from recognized universities;
Other eligibility rules for candidates include that master’s Degree and Ph.D. applicants should not be older than 35 and 40 years respectively and applicants will be required to pay for a ticket to China while other costs will be paid by the Government of China including return ticket.
The application that closes in March 17th will see shortlisted applicants notified by 10th April, 2016 with successful applicants not allowed to decline the scholarship once awarded for any reasons.
Tanzania is one of China’s investment destinations in Africa with the East Asia powerhouse already involved in various infrastructural projects in various sectors including: road and rail, electricity, gas pipelines, cities, ports, telecommunications to name but a few.
Applications must also be attached with:
- a) Two copies of application forms printed from online applications;
- b) Two original sets of Letter of Recommendation;
- c) Two photocopies of academic transcripts of the most advanced studies (notarized photocopy);
- d) Two photocopies of Diploma of the Most Advanced Studies (notarized photocopy);
- e) Two photocopies of Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
- f) Two photocopies of Blood Test Report;
- g) Two copies of Study Plan (800 words) in China;
- h) Two copies of Birth Certificate;
- i) Reliable contacts: postal address and telephone numbers;
- j) A detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- k) Copies of Form IV and VI National Examination Certificates; and
- l) One recent passport size photograph.